AIR-CAS Invites Global Talents for NSFC Excellent Young Scholars Fund (Overseas)
The Aerospace Information Research Institute (AIR) is a comprehensive research institute under the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). As a national team representing China in the field of aerospace information, AIR is devoted to exploring Earth system science for better understanding of our planet, to developing frontier technologies for better Earth observation, and to building an integrated space-air-ground civil space infrastructure to maximize the value of aerospace data for social benefits.
AIR is seeking excellent young scientists in the following areas: information and communication engineering, electronic science and technology, signal and information processing, material science and technology, instrument science and technology, optical engineering, computer science, software engineering, control science, mechanical engineering, geophysical science.
The working place could be located in Beijing, Suzhou, Jinan or Guangzhou.
About NSFC Excellent Young Scholars Fund (Overseas):
National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) launched the NSFC Excellent Young Scholars Fund (Overseas) in 2023, in order to encourage overseas outstanding young scholars (including non-Chinese foreigners) to work in China.
Salary and Benefits:
1. Highly competitive remuneration packages
2. Qualified as a researcher position as well as doctoral supervisor
3. 5-11 million RMB NSFC start-up fund, and research fund provided by the provincial and municipal governments where the work is located (Beijing, Suzhou, Jinan or Guangzhou)
4. 1 million RMB living allowance + subsidies by the provincial and municipal governments where the work is located
5. A set of turnover housing
6. State-of-the-art research laboratory and office space, excellent support for setting up a research team
7. Family support by providing excellent education to children and assistance in permanent residence for your spouse and children
8. For those who have entered the appraisal phase but were not selected, will be recommended to apply for other types of talent programs
1. An applicant should abide by Chinese laws, relevant rules and regulations while doing research in China
2. An applicant should be born on or after January 1,1983
3. An applicant should hold Ph.D. degree and have at least 36 months consecutive academic working experiences in teaching or research positions in overseas universities, research institutions, or R&D section of enterprises before March 15, 2023
4. An applicant should have a good record of high-quality research recognized by peer experts, and good potential to become academic leaders or outstanding talents in this field
5. An applicant has not worked full time in China or have started work in China since January 1, 2022 Successful applicants will be required to quit any overseas jobs, and to guarantee a full-time work in China for at least three years
For details, please refer to the information on the program and application here.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to send your CV via the link or scanning the QR code below by March 1, 2023.