Training Course on Hyper-spectral Remote Sensing for Precision Agriculture along Belt and Road Countries
The training course on Hyper-spectral Remote Sensing for Precision Agriculture will be held on September 12-26, 2019 at Shihezi University, Xinjiang, China. The course, as a part of S&T training courses for Belt and Road countries which was initiated by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), is sponsored by the CAS Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth (RADI), and organized by Shihezi University. Themed as “Hyper-spectral Remote Sensing for Precision Agriculture”, the course aims to help the Agro-informatics scientists and managers from Belt and Road countries further understand the existing challenges and master urgently-needed technologies for modernizing agriculture. The final goal of the course is to address common challenges such as climate change and food security by developing long-term S&T cooperation with the Belt and Road countries.
The organizing committee warmly welcomes interested parties from the "Belt and Road" countries to register and attend the event. Relevant issues on the training course are listed as follows:
Registration: September 12, 2019
Course duration：September 13 - 26, 2019
Departure: September 27, 2019
Bilingual Education Training Centre of Shihezi University, Xinjiang, China.
Accommodation: Bilingual Education Training Centre of Shihezi University, Xinjiang, China.
General conditions for applicants：
1. The course is open to the agriculture-related and remote sensing research & management personnel from the Belt and Road countries.
2. The number of participants is limited to no more than 20.
1. Basic Courses: remote sensing technology and its applications in agriculture, hyper-spectral remote sensing principles and progress, and the basics of agricultural remote sensing, and etc.
2. Specialized Courses: hyper-spectral remote sensing (HRS) data processing and analysis, designing agricultural remote sensing experiments, multi-source remotely sensed data fusion technologies, feature extraction and modeling for precision agriculture, crop precision classification and LUCC mapping by HRS technologies, crop growth monitoring and yield estimation with HRS, remote sensing theory and method for typical agricultural disasters, and modelling and decision system based on remote sensing, etc.
3. Practice Courses: Includes the operation of field imaging spectrometer system (FISS), Pixel Information Expert (PIE) software, Hyper-spectral remote sensing data processing and analysis system (Hylab), Multi-dimensional Analysis of Remote Sensing (MARS), etc.
4. Field Experiments and Investigations: Remote sensing experiments for agriculture applications, and visits to agricultural bases & labs including the Key Laboratory of Oasis Eco-agriculture, Xinjiang Production and Construction Group, and cotton experimental field.
This training course is free of registration fee. In addition, RADI will provide the selected participants with international airfares, and the local expenses such as daily meals, local transportation and accommodation in Shihezi, Xinjiang, during the course.
Candidate selection process:
Please fill in the attached application form, and send feedback to：firstname.lastname@example.org. The selecting results will be notified before May 18, 2019.
Contact: Dr. Changping Huang
Address: No.20 North Datun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, China
Attachment: Application Form